Wednesday 9 November 2011

Now the fun starts! - my reply to Andrew

I thought it was time to liven things up a bit! Let's tell Andrew all about my husbands untimely death!

Good afternoon Andrew.

It was lovely to hear from you again I hope you are well and safe out there.

My trip was fine and successful thank you Andrew. I have a small but successful business that exports goods around the world. It's all pretty boring and I am sure you don't want to hear about it really.

You previously told me about your wife dying. I was so saddened to hear that. It must have been a traumatic time for you and your son. I too am a widow. My husband was killed in a freak accident last  April.

Andrew, it was just awful. We were walking down a fairly busy street in our home town of  Sodbury in Gussett ( Lincolnshire) just doing some shopping. We needed to cross the road to get to the 'Colostomy bags R US' shop when my husband (Justin) stepped on a man hole cover. It must have been faulty or damaged in some way as it gave way underneath him. He fell straight down into the sewer below. Luckily  we were holding hands at the time so I managed to cling onto him. He clung on for dear life did Justin. Some passers by even came to help but then the most unfortunate thing happened. An old lady was driving her car down the the street further up. She sadly had a heart attack at the wheel and came careering towards us. What was I meant to do Andrew? Stand there and be killed myself trying to save Justin's life? If I had been killed then Justin would have died too. I had no choice but to let go of his hand and jump to safety. As I ran out of the way, I could hear Justin's voice growing fainter, shouting "I love you Annette." as he was washed away down the sewer. His body was found later that day, 2 miles away covered in excrement and used sanitary protection (which people are told NOT to flush down the toilet , but do they listen.?!!)

It was such a traumatic time for me and I shall feel guilty for the rest of my life for not trying harder to save him. Justin was such a special man. He was kind, thoughtful and extremely hairy.

I have to go now Andrew as I have things to attend to.

Please keep safe and tell me more about yourself and what you are doing out in Afghanistan.


Annette x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment